President – Tooba Ehtesham
Vice President – Wadad Lahoud
Secretary – Aliane Wright
Treasurer – Pratik Dalwadi
Below is a description of each position. If you would like to become a committee member, click here to complete the application. Any questions regarding the committees, please feel free to contact the committee chairs.
Professional Events -Miebi Ogun
- Plan details for all ASME professional events.
- Coordinate with appropriate parties to ensure events are maintained and running smoothly.
- Acquire room reservations if needed as well as tables and chairs and any other necessary item(s).
- Conduct regular committee meetings to maintain contact with each other and organize event ideas and details.
- Generating an estimated budget to present to Treasurer prior to event date.
- Keep record and receipt of all transactions with regards to the event.
- Only approved transactions will be conducted.
Social Events – Saba Iqbal
Outreach – Louis Jorski
- Research potential outreach events and execute ideas with consent of elected officers.
- Maintain relationships with previous organizations and events.
- Intro to Cougar Engineering
- Houston Food Bank
- Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
- Homerun Hitters Inc.
- Organize all outreach events and gather volunteers for events.
Recruitment – Zaman Azhar
- Organize representation at university recruitment and social events.
- The Cat’s Back
- New Student Orientation
- BOS Party/Chili Cook Off
- Having committee attend various class sessions and inform of events and meetings.
- Represent ASME and recruit potential members at various university events, including ASME hosted events.
- Producing flyers and other advertisements for recruitment purposes.
- Improve freshman and sophomore membership and participation.
- Serve as a Lounge Facility Manager, keeping the lounge clean and presentable.
- Seek out diverse membership potential.
Webmaster – Spencer Jordan
- Maintain all websites owned by ASME.
- Updating contact information.
- Handing over admin rights.
- Keep record of account login information and renewal dates.
Public Relations – Saad Riaz
- Moderate the ASME social media pages, which include: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram/Snapchat.
- Record ASME events, meetings, and lifestyle through videos and pictures.
- Publish multimedia content on a regular basis to the website and appropriate social media outlets.
- Maintain a professional yet personable character while publishing.
- Arrange for other members to complete their duties if unable to attend events or meetings.
- Collaborate with other students, organizations, and attendees at events to diversify picture/video content.
Parliamentarian – Katya Urrutia
- In charge of maintaining order of any voting process conducted.
- Will keep tally of votes and present results to Executive Board.
- Report theft or abuse of lounge supplies, resources, or furniture to appropriate parties.
- Enforce ASME Constitution and Bylaws.
- Resolve disputes that involve at least one member of ASME to the appropriate parties.
- Any physical injury or major incident must be reported to ASME Advisor.
- Minor infractions will be reported to Executive Board.
Membership – Farhan Abbasi
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date list of current and graduated members.
- Responsible for keeping track of members’ attendance to general meetings and infosessions.
- Discerns which members have or have not paid for membership yet.
- Sends reminders to unpaid members.
- Updates members’ points according to ASME’s point system.
Mentorship – Humza Saeed
- In charge of Mentor-Mentee relations.
- Assures that Mentors and their respective Mentees meet regularly and participate in ASME events together.
- Mentors advise and help their Mentees through their classes and schedules.
Sports Coordinator – Daniel Ahumibe
Marketing – Nida Yilmaz
External Technical Projects – Jalal Yazji
Internal Technical Projects – Jon Hood